The Old English rhyme "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a silver sixpence in her shoe," has become a staple of good luck for the modern bride. I have found that most brides are easily able to incoorporate something old, new and borrowed; it's that pesky old "something blue" that proves to be more difficult. In order to help solve that problem, we have compiled a list of our 7 favorite stylish ways to add something blue to your wedding look! Take a look and let us know what you think!
1. Your Dress - Who says you have to wear all white on your wedding? More and more brides are branching out and opting for colored dresses, and with quartz being one of pantone's colors for 2016, why not opt for a blue wedding dress! Now I'm not saying it has to be a bright ocean blue. Believe it or not, there are actually quite a few dresses out there that are a very light and subtle shade of blue and I encourage you to check them out!
2. Your Bling - Sapphires, aquamarine and blue topaz are all stunning alternatives to diamonds. Opt for an elegant bracelet, an head turning penant necklace, or sparkling blue studs!
3. Your Headpiece - If you aren't planning on wearing a traditional veil, consider selecting a blue headpiece. Now, that could be anything from a headband with a mixture of blue and white diamonds, a subtle blue flower, or a large old fashioned blue headpiece. The possibilities here are endless!
4. Your Undergarments - If you a very traditional bride, or don't feel like blue goes with your wedding, consider selecting blue undergarmets or a blue garter! These won't be visible in all your photos, but will still fullfill your "somthing blue."
5. Your Shoes - What bride doesn't love shoes?! And let me tell you, there are some pretty stunning blue shoes out there! Not a fan of all blue shoes? How about writing "I DO" in blue on the bottom of your shoes?! This is a fun alternative, and make for great photos!
6. Your Cover up - If you are getting married during one of the cooler months of the year, consider bringing along a blue cover up! This is a great option for that fashionable bride who doesn't want blue to be the focal point, but still wants it included in her stylish look.
7. Your Nail Polish - Pamper yourself with a mani-pedi and use a stunning blue polish for one of both! We think this is a fun way to add a little personality to your look, and we promise your guests will love it as well!